Opportunities: Call for writers – C Magazine New Critics Competition

C New Critics Competitions

Submission deadline: Friday 19 April 2013

The C New Critics Competition is designed to help develop and promote the work of emerging art critics. Writers are asked to submit a review of an exhibition, performance, or site-specific intervention of between 800 and 1,000 words in length, by Friday April 19, 2013.

The jury for the 2013 competition includes Sarah Fillmore, Chief Curator at the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Amish Morrell, Editor of C Magazine and Kathleen Ritter, an artist and writer currently based in Paris.

The winner will receive $500, editorial support in order to prepare their article for publication in C Magazine, and a two-year subscription to C.

Participants are not restricted by age or citizenship. To be eligible, writers must have published no more than two exhibition reviews or one article in a magazine or journal. Writers are not disqualified for having written for personal blogs or student publications. One submission is allowed per person and must be sent as an email attachment, in MS Word to editor@cmagazine.com. Mail or fax submissions will not be accepted.

For inquiries or questions please email info@cmagazine.com

About C Magazine
An essential platform for critical debate about visual art and culture.
C Magazine is an international art quarterly devoted to promoting critical discussion about contemporary art through in-depth essays and art criticism, interviews, artist projects and reviews. Based in Toronto, with contributors from around the world, C keeps you informed of significant ideas and trends in art and culture.

cmagazine.com